Avocados: Vitamins Included
Are you looking for a food that is versatile, delicious and also good for your health? No need to look any further! Enjoy all the benefits of Avocados From Mexico and discover why this fruit should be included in your diet.
We all know that avocados can be used in both sweet and savory recipes and that in general, they provide many nutrients for the body. But which nutrients are found in avocados? Well, as you may have guessed, one-third of a medium-sized avocado contains almost 20
vitamins and minerals, which makes it a healthy option.
These are some of the vitamins that your body will benefit from when consuming an avocado:
• Vitamin K. Healthy avocados are a good source of vitamin K, a nutrient that the body needs to stay healthy. It’s important for blood clotting and healthy bones and also has other functions in the body.
• Vitamin C. This is an antioxidant that promotes healing and helps the body absorb iron. Although you can take antioxidants in the form of tablets, it is recommended that you obtain them through eating healthy foods and not necessarily through supplements. Healthy avocados contain 4% of the DV for vitamin C per 50 g serving.
• Vitamin B6 and pantothenic acid. Together, they help convert food into energy. Healthy avocados contain .1 mg of Vitamin B6 and .4 mg of pantothenic acid, which is 20% of the recommended daily intake per a 25 g serving of avocado for children ages 1-3.
• Vitamin E. When you eat only 50 grams of avocado you are consuming 6% of the recommended daily value of vitamin E. This compound is important because it is an antioxidant that protects body tissue from damage and helps keep the immune system strong.
• Extra point: Avocados from Mexico not only contribute almost 20 vitamins and minerals, but they also help the body absorb nutrients from other foods that we consume. The unsaturated fat (known as good fat) of the avocado helps to increase the body’s absorption of nutrients that are fat-soluble, such as vitamins A, D, K and E.
So now you know: if you want to maintain your health by enjoying the healthiest foods, eat Avocados From Mexico. This fruit is also an ideal snack for mid-morning, the perfect companion to your favorite dish, the substitute addition or ingredient that can turn any recipe into a much healthier option.