Five reasons to follow a high-fat diet
Although it may surprise some, high-fat dietary regimens are very popular among nutritionists and people who want to stay fit. Let’s be clear, we aren’t talking about any fats diet, but those fats known as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated. Learn the benefits of following a diet rich in good fats.
1. Reduce LDL cholesterol levels. Polyunsaturated fats can lower bad cholesterol in our bodies, and that is why fruits like Avocados From Mexico are a good substitute for products high in saturated fats since they help control your blood pressure.
2. Eating fat help burn fat. Technically, the lack of carbohydrates in your body encourages your metabolism to use stored fat as energy. But be mindful of the type of fats you are eating: choose natural sources like avocados from Mexico which are also rich in fiber and help you stay full longer.
3. Good fats help you absorb nutrients better. Good fats, like those in Avocados from Mexico, help the body absorb fat-soluble nutrients like vitamins A, D, K and E, without raising LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels.
4. Lower your blood pressure. When used instead of other fats, avocados can be part of the DASH eating plan, which can help reduce blood pressure by emphasizing foods that are lower in sodium as well as rich in m gnesium, calcium, and potassium. A diet rich in potassium helps to offset some of the harmful effects of sodium on blood pressure. Healthy avocados contain 250mg of potassium (6% DV) per 50 g serving (one-third of a medium avocado).
5. Reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Replacing saturated or trans fats with unsaturated fats is associated with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease. 75% of the fats from avocados are unsaturated.
Enjoy all the benefits of the good fats including ingredients with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats in your daily diet, such as those from Avocados From Mexico.